Monday, November 30, 2009

Finally have watched some more movies!

Hi, everyone! Hope all of you in the US had a great Thanksgiving. I went home and finally got to watch some Bollywood movies. Thank God, I was going through withdrawal! :-)

Now, this isn't really meant to be a review site. If I get time to write a full review of each movie, I'll post them to my other blog, but here are some quick thoughts on each...



First I watched Dil Bole Hadippa. I'd heard pretty terrible things about this one, but I actually enjoyed it, although it was nothing spectacular. It was a bit slow in the middle, and of course it involved a lot of suspension of disbelief. Overall, I'd say this one was mostly worth it for Rani. She just seemed like she was having a lot of fun with this role, and her character was just a joy to watch.

As I mentioned in my last post, I'm considering abridging this one, so if you're interested in seeing an abridged script of it let me know!

Next I watched Kaminey. I think all there is to say has already been said--it was awesome. I don't know if I liked it as much as Vishal Bharadwaj's Omkara, but it was still pretty cool. Acting was all amazing--after watching DBH, I was wondering if Shahid would actually be able to pull of the double role here, but he really did a great job.

So, is Kaminey abridge-worthy? I might have to watch it again, but there isn't much to make fun of in this one. I could attempt it, but it might be a bit of a challenge!

No comments:

Post a Comment